Login to Bathroom Design Area
For Support And Updates contact email@example.com.
Bathroom Design & Renovations in Melbourne
The bathroom is one of the most important rooms in the house. It is a room where you should feel truly comfortable and be able to relax away the stresses and strains of the day. It should address your physical and your spiritual needs and provide a perfect haven.
Here are a few points you must consider before starting any renovation work on your bathroom.
* Allow your bathroom to reflect your individual style and personality. Pedestal sinks with elegant lines are far more attractive than square wooden cabinets but these may be more to your liking. If you want to truly create a stylish bathroom then consider a claw-foot tub for the ultimate in class. Elegance should really be the order of the day in the bathroom.
* Choose a bath tub which really "fits" you and your bathroom. Bigger is not necessarily better when it comes to tubs. Just so long as the tub is large enough for you to stretch out and relax whilst providing a secure foothold that should be fine. If you choose a larger tub you may find yourself struggling to stay afloat when it's full of water. Don't be afraid to hop into the bath and try it for size and shape before you buy. If space only permits a smaller sized tub then buy one as deep as you can to make up for it.
* Pay particular attention to the floor - a bathroom floor must be durable, water resistant and stylish. Popular choices include marble, ceramic and stone floors but these can be cold in the winter time. Consider installing subfloor heating to combat this problem. Another comfortable option is hard wood flooring - make sure that this is well sealed against the inevitable water spillages.
* Choose a stylish mirror to hang over the sink - this can add style, space and light to your bathroom which may be particularly important in a smaller room.
* Pay close attention to the lighting to make not only an attractive feature but also help you to see. It is imperative that you have good lighting in a bathroom to enable people to shave, apply make-up and do the hundred and one other things they like to do in the privacy of the bathroom. Make sure that there is good lighting over the mirrors with no shadows.
* Buy a comfortable, quality toilet. The toilet is one of the most well used fixtures in the house so don't skimp on the cost or the comfort. The most comfortable toilets are the ones with elongated seats and bowls - have a sit down in the store before you buy but make sure that's all you do.
* Brighten up a bathroom with jazzy furnishings - a plain colored bathroom can be brought to life with a few well chosen, brightly colored towels, curtains, mats etc. These also provide a relatively inexpensive to give your bathroom a new lease of life.
Make the bathroom a place you can really be proud of and enjoy by following these few simple tips and ideas.